Monday, March 7, 2016

MC2 Post 2069 The Numbers Game Sarting with 555


T

Back in my Radio Shack days, about 36 years ago.  I learned about and integrated circuit that went by the number 555.  Being a curious sort, I look it up and found that was a Timer circuit about the size od a baby fingernail.  All through the years whenever the number 555 popped up I would think "timer" circuit.

Recently I thought about how I hadn't investigated IC curcuits that closely and wondered what a 556 circuit would be and used Google to look it up.  Good told me, simplely that a 556 circuit was 2 555 timers on one chip.  Wow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

AFTER many Months of Pandemic SILENCE THE BEAT GOES ON

I 'VE Watched a lot of  Leos TWIT SHOWS during this Pandemic time and still trying to learn the latest improvements  in Blender 3D. and ...