The day we’ve been waiting for is finally here! The 2015 International CES show floor officially opens at 10 AM Tuesday, January 6. All the gadgets, new products and life-changing innovations are waiting for you on the show floor at #CES2015.
Lenovo AnyPen Lets You Write on Glass Using Real Pens
If you own a tablet that requires a stylus and that stylus keeps disappearing on you, a new Lenovo feature may pique your interest. It’s called AnyPen, and it does what it says, allowing people to write on the Lenovo Yoga Tablet 2 with any old pen — without mucking up the screen. How? A Lenovo spokesperson described the eight-inch screen’s Ashai hardened glass surface, which resists scratch marks. And the handwriting still gets transferred over to the tablet, just as with a stylus.
Lenovo Yoga Tablet 2 (8-inch) with Window and AnyPen Technology specifications
- 8-inch (1920 x 1200 pixels) Full HD IPS display with 10-point multitouch,
- 178-degree wide viewing angle
- up to 1.86 GHz quad-core Intel Atom Z3745 processor
- 2GB LPDDR3 RAM, 32GB internal memory, expandable up to 64 GB
- Windows 8.1 (with Bing for Small Tablets) options
- 8MP auto focus rear camera with f2.2 wide-aperture lens, BSI sensor
- 1.6MP HD front-facing camera
- Dual Front large-chamber Speakers, Dolby Audio and Wolfson Master Hi-Fi Codec
- Dimensions: 210 mm x 149 mm x 2.7 – 7.0 mm; Weight: 426 grams
- WiFi 802.11b/g/n (2.4 and 5 GHz), Bluetooth 4.0, USB (OTG)
- 6400mAh battery with up to 18 hours of usage
- Color: Ebony Black
Lenovo’s Yoga Tablet 2 is due out later this month for $299. The company plans to spread its AnyPen technology to other devices in the future.